I Get It! Using Manipulatives to Conquer Math: Measurement
Improve mathematical reasoning and understanding with the I Get It! series. This series appeals to a greater number of student learning styles by using different sets of mathematics manipulatives. These manipulatives create hand-on, active learning experiences. And, they make math enjoyable! Through free exploration and structured activities with concrete manipulatives, students will begin to adopt and model abstract mathematical concepts. Having students work with manipulatives provides teachers the opportunity to see what students are thinking and how they are processing the information.
This program fosters conceptual understanding of measurement with concrete objects. It uses connecting links, rulers, and analog clocks to tangibly represent the mathematical concepts associated with linear measurement and time telling.
Contents of Measurement kit
- Student Manipulatives
- 4 packs of connecting links (1,000 total)
- 20 colorful analog clocks (4½” x 4½” )
- 20 colorful paw print rulers
- Teacher Resource Guide
- 160 pages with easy-to-follow lesson plans, activity sheets, and assessments
- Teacher Manipulatives
- 1 large magnetic foam geared analog clock, 1 paw print ruler, and 1 pack of ¾” magnetic squares (50 magnets)
- Student Workbook
- 10 copies of each level; Foundational, Level I, and Level II (30 total)
- 1 bin and 1 small bin (2 total)
- 2 Posters
- 22” by 17” (Tool Rules and Working as a Team)
Request Standards Correlations
Our Blue Star Education products have been correlated to a variety of standards. Depending on the content of the product, correlations to one or more of the following standards are available: Common Core State Standards, State Science Standards, Next Generation Science Standards, TEKS, National Health Education Standards, Social Studies State Standards, and National Arts Standards.
Correlations can be requested below: